Friday, December 9, 2011

My GUN

This past Hunting season was one of many disappointments. On top of not harvesting an elk, I broke my most prized possessions. My dad bought his first gun a Savage 30-06 when he was 15 years old. Every elk he has killed he killed with this gun. When I could finally hunt to fill my own license he went and got himself a new gun and handed his gun down to me. I love this gun. The wood stock is in perfect condition but looks like it has been used for years. I treat this gun better than anything else that I own. Anytime the topic of guns comes up in a conversation I love bring up my gun. This year unfortunately the sling of the gun pulled out of the stock when it was hung on my shoulder. The gun fell from my shoulder and pasted a rock right on the scope. The scope is now broken and I am very disappointed because now I can’t call the gun original. I am looking for a Tasco scoop to replace the one I broke but it is not an easy task. The gun isn’t original but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have a story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment