Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I Still Smile

I have always loved to shoot guns.  My first gun was a sawed off .22. My grandfather’s neighbor was a gun smith and made me this special gun. I would care that little gun around every hunting season. One day were driving through this meadow and in the middle of the meadow there was a slash pile. Perched at the top was a little chipmunk. I pick my dad who was driving and ask if I can shoot the little chipmunk. He laugh and says sure you can shoot at it. I quietly get out of the truck, kneel down, and get my cross hairs on this little chipmunk. I pull the trigger and the chipmunk jumps straight in the air.  He probable jumped two feet in the air and landed and ran down into the pile. Not knowing what happened I walked over to the pile to see if I killed the chipmunk. Getting to the pile I can see where I hit the wood. I hit the piece of wood right beneath where the chipmunk was standing. The height that the chipmunk jumped still makes my dad laugh. That slash pile is still there today and every time I drive by it, it reminds me of that day and puts a smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment